Hat wearers face many problems while choosing the right hat for themselves. Sometimes, they fail to find a perfect size hat, and the other times a hat refuses to sit lower on their heads. Both problems can be very frustrating and often cause damage to your heads. How to make a hard hat sit lower on head? This article is about ways to make a hard hat sit lower on the head and be friends with it comfortably.
Hard Hats can be a real pain, but they provide ultimate protection to the construction workers and technicians. At work, a sudden bump can cause a severe injury to your head. And the Hard hat saves you from it by protecting it with its shield-like surface. However, a loose or unnecessarily uplifted hat can cause a disturbance, and you may not focus on your work properly. On top of that, an open hat cannot protect you and risk your body’s most important asset; the brain.
Keep reading to adjust the height of your hard hat and make it sit lower on your head.
How to Make a Hard Hat Sit Lower on Head; A Quick Way
There is no hard and fast rule for making a hard hat sit lower on your head. Hard hats come with adjustable suspension mechanisms. These mechanisms contain three holes in which you can adjust your hat vertically. Three size options allow you to set the cap on your head properly.
Let’s see how it works…
To adjust the vertical height of your hard hat, turn it upside down and remove the suspension by gently pulling up each suspension key from the respective sides. The two suspension keys located nearest the suspension mechanism are used to adjust the vertical height. The further away from the suspension adjustment mechanism, the lower the suspension will sit on the head.
- Hold the suspension in your left hand by grasping the suspension adjustment mechanism. Make sure the suspension keys are on the top. Starting with the suspension key closest to you, turn the suspension key counterclockwise until you remove the suspension key from the headband. Reinsert the removed suspension key into one of the three vertical adjustment holes. Now, turn the suspension key clockwise until it is back in its original position.
One side is done. Now, it’s time to adjust the other suspension key.
- Hold the suspension in your right hand by grasping the adjustment mechanism and get the suspension keys on the top. Using the suspension key closest to you, turn the key clockwise until you can remove the suspension key from the headband. Again, reinsert the removed suspension key into one of the three vertical adjustment holes. Turn the suspension key counterclockwise until it gets back into its prior position.
Before going any further, ensure that both the adjusted suspension keys are inserted at the same height level adjustment hole on each side of the suspension.
Now, reinsert the suspension into the hard hat. Ta-da, your hard hat is ready to be worn.
This is the easiest way to adjust your hard hat and make it sit lower on your head.
You learned How to Make a Hard Hat Sit Lower On Your Head, Didn’t you? It wasn’t that hard. Right?
Way to Make the Hard Hat Fit on Your Head
The hard hat should perfectly fit your head to provide maximum comfort and protection. After making it sit lower on your head, nicely fit it so it cannot fall. Ways to fit your hat are;
For Rachet Version:
- Turn the Rachet Knob counterclockwise until the headband opens to the largest size
- Place the Hard Hat on your head
- Turn the Racket Knob clockwise until the headband is snug and secure
- Do not overtighten the suspension as it will put a lot of pressure on your head this way
For Pin-Lock Version:
- Slide the adjustment band through both sizing buckles to increase or decrease the size
- Insert all size sizing posts to the nearest sizing holes
- Place the hard hat on your head and monitor the overall fit
- The hat should be snug and secure
- If it’s not, adjust the sizing again according to your head size.
By following these steps, you can easily know How to Make a Hard Hat Sit Lower On Head.
To maintain proper clearance between your head and hat, always adjust the harness suspension. On average, there should be approximately 1 to 1 1/4 inches clearance from your head.
In addition to that, you can also use certain things to make your hard hat comfortably sit on your head which are;
Cooling Pads For Summer: Working outside under the scorching sun without refreshment can be draining. To cope with that, you can use a hard cooling part to keep under your hard hat. This cooling pad will keep your head cool and prevent sweat the drip on your face.
Sweatbands: Sweatbands are made from 100% cotton and save you from unnecessary sweat by absorbing it all inside them. You can comfortably stick them under your hard hat during warm weather.
You can use many other things like Bandana, Mesh Cap, and Hard Hat liner to make your hard hat sit comfortably on your head.
Hard Hats can be extremely uncomfortable, but they are mandatory to wear in some working situations. Putting them on your head will not help unless you adjust them according to your head. This How to Make Hard Hat Sit Lower On Head article includes ways to make it possible and also highlights some points on making your hat fit perfectly on your head. I hope this helped you in getting your answers. Follow these steps and be safe while wearing a hard hat!